Run A Fullnode
Be sure that Go 1.13+ is already installed. Then run
# Clone the geneth repo
git clone https://github.com/genechain-io/geneth
# Enter the folder containing geneth source
Main genenet will be available as soon as it is released. Running a full node on the main genenet is as simple as running
This will start the geneth client with access to the main genenet.
Running a full node on the Adenine testnet can be accomplished by appending a
build/bin/geneth --adenine console
This will start the geneth client with access to the Adenine testnet.
- The full blockchain data is stored on disk.
- Provide RPC services.
- Validate new blocks and transactions.
- Verify states for accounts and contracts.
Sync mode can be changed using the
--syncmode "<mode>"argument where
- Full: Downloads all blocks (including headers, transactions, and receipts) and generates the state of the blockchain incrementally by executing every block.
- Fast (Default): Downloads all blocks (including headers, transactions and receipts), verifies all headers, and downloads the state and verifies it against the headers.
- Light: Downloads all block headers, block data, and verifies some randomly.